9 times out of 10, when I tell someone I work for Cracker Barrel, folks make sure to tell me how much they love our biscuits. Of course I enjoy these types of conversations, but they always make me hungry! Thankfully, I keep a box of our Cracker Barrel Biscuit and Dumpling Mix at home in case of such encounters.
Could it be possible that there’s a way to make these delicious biscuits even better? I know, I know, it seems impossible, but it has somehow happened! A Cracker Barrel culinary collaboration has taken place and some of the most delectable, delightful and delicious recipes have been created using Cracker Barrel’s Biscuit and Dumpling Mix!
Dreams do come true!
Here’s one of the recipes that I know you’re going to want to try at home if biscuits are your jam. (Get it? Biscuits and Jam?) Anyway, here’s one for the recipe books!
Raspberry Angel Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put biscuit mix in a large bowl and whisk in instant yeast and sugar. Make a well in the center of mix.
- While stirring with a fork, drizzle the half & half and the water into the mix just until a dough forms.
- Turn dough onto a clean surface dusted lightly with more biscuit mix. Form into a ball and knead just until you have a smooth ball. Careful to not over knead or add too much biscuit mix.
- Roll or pat dough out 1 inch thick, no less. Cut with a 2 inch biscuit cutter, taking care not to “twist” as you cut. Gather up scraps, knead, pat out and use as well.
- Place biscuits about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and let set in a warm place for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove plastic. Press a hole in the center of the biscuit with your finger. Stir the preserves. Then, put 1/4 teaspoon of raspberry preserves in the hole.
- Bake biscuits for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Dust the biscuits generously with powdered sugar before serving.
Yield: 12 to 16 biscuits.
You can find the mix, preserves, biscuit pan and more by clicking here!
Be sure to come back to the blog next week for the next biscuit recipe. Here’s a scrumptious sneak peek…