If you’re like me, you love treats that are both sweet and salty! The moment you bite into the craveable creation, you immediately taste the sweetness and then are hit with the subtle saltiness for a delightful combination of flavors.
Our recipe for Crunchy Sea Salt Chocolate Biscuits is perfect for potlucks, a brilliant breakfast or delightful dessert, a goodie gift, something to snack on, or all of the above!
Crunchy Sea Salt Chocolate Biscuits
3 1/2 cups Cracker Barrel Biscuit + Dumpling Mix
3 Ghirardelli Chocolate Bars (dark Chocolate), 2 Bars chopped into small pieces and 1 Bar melted for drizzle
1/4 Cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
3/4 Cup cold half and half
Sea salt to sprinkle onto biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk biscuit mix, brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Make a well in the center and slowly add cold half and half, stirring with a fork as you add, until a soft, somewhat wet, scoop-able dough forms.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate bars.
- Drop biscuit dough, using a small (#30) ice cream scoop onto parchment paper with space in between. You want a dough ball about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Chill for 30 minutes before baking. (You can also make ahead and freeze through this part and bake later.)
- Bake 10–12 minutes or until puffy and golden brown.
- While biscuits are baking, melt remaining chocolate bar in microwave until runny enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle biscuits with chocolate glaze and sprinkle with crunchy sea salt before it sets.
Yield: About 20–24 biscuits
You can find the biscuit mix and much more on shop.crackerbarrel.com!
One thought on “Crunchy Sea Salt Chocolate Biscuits”
Omg, they look so yummy!! Love your photo too, great work (: