Fried apples have been a Southern staple for generations. This classic comfort food brings a bit of sweet and savory bliss to the end of any meal.
But do you want to know what else goes great with fried apples? Almonds!
No, we’re not nuts (because technically an almond is not a nut – it’s a fruit!)
You can take our famous fried apples and with just a few simple ingredients you can give this traditional Southern favorite a brand new boost of flavor and crunchiness that will definitely wake up the taste buds.
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
6 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put Cracker Barrel Fried Apples in a casserole dish.
3. Mix together the Cracker Barrel Biscuit Mix, brown sugar, cinnamon and almonds.
4. Add butter pieces to the mixture. Cut butter into dry mix using a pastry blender or your fingers until crumbly.
5. Add streusel mixture to the top of the Fried Apples, using it all or as much as you like. Bake until apples are hot and bubbly and streusel is golden brown.
Serve it to your family for an after dinner treat and watch them go nuts!
Be sure to sign-up for our newsletter so you can stay updated on all things Cracker Barrel!