It’s Sunday morning, and you’ve decided to surprise the family with some breakfast-to-go from Cracker Barrel. (Yes, you rock).
One of everybody’s favorite breakfast sides is Hashbrown Casserole and for a good reason. It’s just so delicious!
If you managed to have some leftover Hashbrown Casserole, here’s an idea on how to turn it into a crunchy, amazing fritter that’s a perfect game-day snack for all your hungry sport fans.
This Recipe makes about 24 fritters
Here’s what you’ll need:
4 cups Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
1 large egg
1.5 cups crushed Charles Chips® BBQ Potato Chips
Oil for frying
1 cup ranch dressing
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1. Mix together the Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole, Cracker Barrel Biscuit Mix, and egg in a bowl until it’s well blended.
2. Scoop and roll into one and a half-inch balls. Roll the balls in crushed Charles BBQ Chips to coat well. Place the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet as you work.
Place in freezer for 30 minutes or more.
3. Mix up dipping sauce stirring together the ranch dressing, lemon juice, and fresh dill. Cover and chill.
4. To cook fritters, place oil in a tabletop fryer to the fill line, or in a deep cast-iron skillet, pour in oil to 2 inches deep. Heat the oil to 350-375 degrees.
5. Fry fritters in batches until golden brown. Drain on the paper towels.
6. Serve fritters with dipping sauce and your favorite hot sauce on the side.
That’s it! You’ll serve up a game-day snack guaranteed to be the MVP.